We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager maternity cover 12 month contract
Applications end 6th November 2020.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Date: October 2020
Department: Operations (Quality)
Salary: depending on experience
1. Job Summary
The Jobholder is responsible for quality compliance within the business, with matters that include legislation, testing, licensor and customer requirements.
2. Reporting Relationships
Reports to:Commercial Director
Direct reports:Two Quality Technical administrators
External Relationships: Contract Testing Agencies, Contract Auditing Companies, Suppliers, Customers, Licensors, Trading Standards
3. Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring compliance to the Cosmetics Directive, including testing requirements of formulations and hard goods (packaging, toiletries and accessories), Product Information File (PIF), Cosmetics Product Safety Report (CPSR), Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP), Ingredients list verification, final inspections of finished goods
- Ensuring factory compliance to quality (Good Manufacturing Practice, ISO 22716) and ethical (SEDEX, BSCI) standards
- Ensuring compliance to the EU and UK REACH regulations, including testing, registration of substances, Substances of Very High Concerns (SVHC) certificates
- Ensuring compliance to other relevant regulations such as the Toy Directive EN71 and the Toy Safety Directive, General Data Protection Directive (GDPR), specific customers and licensors requirements
- Investigating out of specifications promptly and implementing CAPAs when required
- Managing team workload to ensure business priorities and customer critical paths stay on track
- Ensuring that customer complaints are investigated and CAPAs put in place promptly, as well as reporting on customer complaint trend analysis
- Managing Licensor online approval systems with quality and technical requirements, to gain product approval
- Responsible for monitoring and updating Licensor manufacturing agreements.
- Providing technical input throughout the product life cycle: concept, development, production, waste management and recycling
- Ensuring controlled documents are up to date (Quality Management Systems manual, SOPs and Work Instructions)
- Actively leading continuous improvements projects leading to more effective and cost-effective processes across departments and with third parties
- Liaising with the Trading Standards contact when required
- Participating in factory visits and quality inspections in the Far East
- Conducting interviews, hiring new staff and completing staff orientation
4. Qualifications and Skills
The Jobholder must have a BSc degree or proven experience in a related field: Cosmetics, Chemistry, Food, Nutrition, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, etc. Also he/she must have proven experience in a managerial position such as Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager, etc.
The Jobholder must be able to work independently and under pressure, and demonstrate excellent organisational, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills. In addition to this, he/she must have a keen eye to details and a result driven approach, as well as a strong sense of ownership.
Experience with dealing with suppliers and customers based in Europe and the Far East would be an advantage.
5. General Comment
It is essential for the Jobholder to demonstrate initiative, a positive approach and enthusiasm. H&A Marketing highly prizes their staff for having a caring and professional approach to the duties they perform.
Nothing in this document detracts from the common sense approach expected to the other general duties within the office and to need to adopt a professional attitude when dealing with Customers, Suppliers and other members of staff.
This Job Description does not form part of a contract.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com